Friday, October 4, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday: My New Show Obession and Some Other Stuff

1.

This week I've really been slacking on my blog reading and commenting. Perhaps it is because I've been staying up WAY too late for my own good.

I blame my mother. She started watching Downton Abbey and since I know so many people who love the show I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't think I would like it because I always thought it looked rather boring.

I was wrong.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS SHOW!

It's such a breath of fresh air after watching nitty gritty shows like The Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy. And watching the show is like candy corn... I can't stop at just one episode. The only bummer is that Ryan has decided not to watch it with me. We always watch our shows together (some couples hike together, some couples go to wine tastings... we watch TV) but he chose to skip out on this show. So now I watch it on my computer after everyone has gone to bed. So that makes mama very tired in the morning!

I am about to finish the 2nd season. I'm already dreading the 3rd season because I know of a HUGE spoiler!

2.

Sam had his first occupational therapy session yesterday for his eating issues. It went so well! The therapist is so nice and I can tell she is really good at her job! She is amazingly pro-breastfeeding and she made me feel better about the whole situation. I've always felt kind of guilty because I've always felt there is something more I could have done to get him to eat solids, but she assured me it was nothing I did and that I have done a great job by nourishing him with my body.

Sam was really good during the session. The therapist was amazed at how social he was. She said some kids don't even want her in the room. This will be a weekly thing and I am actually looking forward to see how this all goes!

3.

I read an article on Buzzfeed called 14 Books that Traumatized You As a Child. I haven't read some of the books on the list, but some of them brought back some memories! Some of my favorite books growing up was Babysitter's Club, Goosebumps, and Little House on the Prairie. I do remember being freaked out by Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and In a Dark, Dark Room.

What were some of your favorite books growing up?

4.

Yesterday we went to my in laws and Joe played with some of the neighborhood kids. He had such a blast running around and wrestling with them. I've always been kind of worried about Joe's social skills since I stay at home with him and never go to play groups and such. But this kid is definitely not shy! I still think it would be good to get him into preschool so he can learn how to properly play with other kids (meaning: LEARN TO SHARE!!!!) and we might put him in preschool in January. He has to be potty trained but also go with out help and we aren't at that stage yet.

5.

Speaking of potty training I have a huge long blog written about our experience with potty training. I just haven't gotten around to editing and posting. I have a lot of posts planned but no energy to write them. I still don't know how you mamas with lots of littles find the time to blog!

6.

Did you hear about the chaos at the Capitol yesterday? When I first heard the news about someone crashing into barricades and leading police on a chase I just figured it was some political nut job or someone out to seriously hurt someone since the police gunned the person down. Today I learned that it was a mother possibly suffering from postpartum depression. She had her daughter in the car with her when she was killed. How incredibly sad. I don't think people realize just how dangerous postpartum depression can be. It isn't just hormones and stress and tiredness. Please pray for this poor woman's soul and her little girl who is without her mother.

7.

I was looking at this picture that was taken of our family a few weeks ago. Joe looks so grown up to me. Sometimes I'll see him sitting on the couch or at the dinner table and I just get a little shocked at how fast he is growing. Maybe it's because I have Sam around to compare him to, but Joe just seems so.... old! I can have conversations with him and he is potty trained and he can run around the playground equipment with ease. I swear it was just yesterday that I was totally helicoptering around him on the jungle gym fearing he would jump to his death! 



Have a good weekend!  Go to Jen's for more Quick Takes!


4 comments:

Joy said...

So glad you are enjoying Downton Abbey, I didn't get the hype at first then I saw the second season.
Will look forward to your potty training post; we are getting nowhere slowly with Liam :)

Who, yes, otherwise is seeming like such the little chap as oppose to little toddler to me.

Catholic Mutt said...

That spoiler makes it really hard to keep going in season 3... Or at least it did for me!

Joe does look so huge!

Lacey said...

Hmmm. My favorite books to read growing up were probably The Boxcar Children and Nancy Drew!

Patty said...

Season 4. .jan 4 or 5. Can't remember, but I can hardly wait!!! Your family photos on fb are GREAT!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails