Friday, August 16, 2013

7 Quick Takes


1.
Three posts in one week? Now that's just cray cray. I've even dusted off the ol' Twitter account! (maggiemccrawgal, BTW.) It's nice to get back into the social media world.

2.
Last night our parish had 7:00 Mass for the Feast of the Assumption. That's like the witching hour at our house with bedtime looming, so I went to Mass by myself. I was guilt-ridden as I was leaving because Joe was begging to go to church screaming "JEVUS! JEVUS!" But it was soooo nice to be able to hear a homily and just bask in the holiness of Mass!

3.
I get in a strange mood when back to school time rolls around. I get all melancholic and bummed out that the fun of summer is over. The crickets don't seem as loud whenever school comes back. However, I used to always get excited for school, so it's kind of a love/hate relationship. And with the coming of school means fall is just around the corner and I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. Hoodies, fall candles, candy corn, crock pots... I CANNOT WAIT!

4.
I handed in my nursing school application this week. I'm going back and forth between "A MIRACLE CAN HAPPEN!" and "What a complete waste of time and energy." I really doubt I will be accepted because of my math score, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. So any prayers you can throw out there for me.. to accept God's will especially, would be fantastic.

5.
I've been thinking about praying a novena regarding my nursing school application and just in general because I feel like Ryan and I are supposed to BE somewhere DOING something else rather then what we're doing, but I have no clue what that is. I was trying to think of the "best" novena for the situation.. Mary Undoer of Knots? St. Jude? St. Joseph? St. Agatha?

I'm doin' em all. Back to back, yo.

Or is that an overkill?

6.
Ryan and I are finishing up season 4 of Big Bang Theory. It's such a nice break from watching The Walking Dead. That show can get pretty heavy and depressing. Thanks to Jen's suggestion we'll probably get sucked into the show Breaking Bad. We're always a little behind on our TV show watching.

7. 
My big brother, Jamie, won Volunteer of the Year award for the diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph for his work in youth group. You might know him as Roman Catholic Cop. I'm so proud of him! He can be pretty holy when he isn't being a huge butt head (to me.)

I hope you all have a great weekend! Go visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more! 

Boy-Who-Screams-A-Lot


 

4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

So this was fun! Ok where to start?
First off...prayers your way for your intentions. My novena of choice is St. Joseph. I always pray one at the start of the new school year.

The Walking Dead?! We are loving that here. We actually just found it and have rolled through the first two seasons and are waiting for season three!

And Fall!!! I love Fall! For all the reasons you listed...pumpkins, sweaters, colored leaves...cozy evenings...

Sorry so long...Have a wonderful weekend!

Joy said...

The new header looks great!
Will be praying for your intention.
Planning on enjoying me a bit more summer but when the time comes LOVE ME SOME FALL!

Catholic Mutt said...

Love the new header and all the new posts! Praying for direction for your family... Wherever that might be right now.

Love Big Bang theory! And I like the idea of Breaking Bad, but I watched the pilot (BEFORE Jen mentioned it! But only by a couple of days, because I'm not that cool) and I'm not sure if I can take it or not. It's definitely gritty.

I'll have to follow you on ye olde twitter. I finally signed up for an account, but I feel lost and confused whenever I go over there and still haven't managed to actually tweet anything yet. Is it sad that one of my few goals for this weekend is to tweet once? And that it will most likely be the lamest tweet ever?

Have a wonderful weekend!

That Married Couple said...

My goodness, Maggie, you really are going to town here! I kept meaning to comment on your first post back, and now you've got three up! Welcome back!

And I'll pray for you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails