Friday, August 23, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday: Randomness Galore!


1.
So last night I was praying the rosary (the REAL rosary for all of you Cathsorority gals...) and realized that every time I pray it I always come up with a question or a general wondering. I thought it would be a great idea to fashion my 7 Quick Takes with all my rosary musings.

Well, I don't remember any of 'em. Seriously. Maybe I will start writing them down while I'm praying them.

Which brings me to a question... when you are praying a rosary as a part of a novena or for a particular petition, do you focus on the petition the whole time you are praying or focus on the mysteries? Or your does your brain wonder off and ponder if anyone has ever gone to the very bottom of the ocean or if some spiders are nicer than others? Oh, just me then?

2.
Let's get onto a very serious subject.

Ben Affleck as Batman.

NO.

I love Ben Affleck as an actor. But as Batman? No.

No.

No.

No.

Yesterday was a bad day because of some mixup with my textbook. I'm sick (it takes A LOT for me to admit I am sick), Sam is getting sick, and Joe is getting over being sick. Plus a day of trying to take Joe to the potty every 30 minutes with a clingy Sam who screamed whenever he was put down really wore me out. Then Ryan got a text from his brother saying they cast a new Batman. He showed me his phone and there was Ben Affleck's smug little face smiling back at me.

"This REALLY has been a HORRIBLE day!"

Might as well drag out the nipple-laden Batman suit from the Clooney era, because this won't be pretty, folks. Granted, I was pretty much the same way when they cast Heath Ledger as the Joker and we all know he captured that role perfectly.

Maybe he will surprise us and it will be awesome. Or maybe we'll have another Daredevil debacle.

I think they should have picked Jon Hamm. He is well-known, but not known for a lot of roles in the movies. He's deep, he's dark...he didn't star in Gigli.

But whatever. End of rant. :-)


3.
My Lord! My husband has turned me into such a nerd! 7 years ago I had never seen a Batman movie or knew the difference between DC and Marvel. I didn't know what Comic Con was. I knew it had something to do with comics and nerdy stuff and I had no desire to learn about it. Now I would LOVE to go!!! I have a blog post planned on all the things my husband has taught me from sports and superheroes to trusting in God.

4.
We started potty training around these here parts. It actually isn't going too terribly bad. I just hate it with a passion of a thousand fires and my house smells like pee. I hope to write a more detailed post about this adventure, but I just HAVE to share... Joe pooped in the potty today! I've heard that the whole pooping in the potty part of training is difficult, so I was very pleased at the poop! Ignore the sloppiness of the potty chart... it was a delirious-on-Nyquil-midnight project.

Joe was pleased as well! 

5.
I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to get some stickers for a potty training chart. Going into that store makes me wish so badly that I could sew or crochet. I tried teaching myself to crochet and sew a long time ago, but it was an epic catastrophe. Is sewing and knitting/crocheting something you have to pick up when you're a youngster and it's too late to start as an adult?  I've done a few of these very simple cross-stitch thingies before, so I bought this. Looks fairly simple, but I'm sure I'll find a way to screw it up!



6. 
My niece turned 18 yesterday. 18!!!! I just can't believe it. I still remember going to see her for the first time. It was around the first day of school and I had a Looney Tunes binder. I was eleven years old and had a perm. Those were the good ol' days. Speaking of good ol' days I read this last night and felt insta-old. Still, it brought back some awesome memories!

7
We started watching Breaking Bad this week. The first two episodes turned me off... I felt like The Walking Dead was more believeable. But some die-hard fans told me they thought the same thing and now they are hooked, so we are giving it a little more time.

Have a great weekend! Go to Jen's for more Quick Takes! 

3 comments:

Patty said...

Your comment about Batman on FB had me laughing hard. Shared it with my hubs and he laughed harder! You crack me up. BTW, I add new intentions for each mystery. Keeps the rosary more focused (for me and the kids).

Ceil said...

Hi Maggie! How fun to find your blog through Billie Jo's.

I love your sense of humor, and potty training is so hard, isn't it? It requires the patience of Job, and I am still working on that...my son is 29! LOL! I am definitely a hardship case.

(He is potty trained FYI!)

So nice to meet you! I am your newest follower :)
Ceil

Hebrews 11:1 said...

I feel the same way about Ben Affleck. I just don't know what it is about him, but he's all wrong for it. I do love me some Jon Hamm though. Big Mad Men fan over here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails