Friday, April 26, 2013

Quick Takes Friday!


1.
Some women get sweet texts from their husbands. I love yous. I miss yous. Smiling pictures of their dashing husbands. Me? I get a picture of my husband's tooth that the dentist just extracted. So romantic and sexy. I'll spare you the picture.

2. 
Sam's third tooth FINALLY poked through. His first 2 teeth came in the same day when he was 4 months old. It was a solid day of crying. I swear this tooth has taken 3 weeks to come in... hence the needy, clingy, crying (albeit adorable) baby that never lets me get anything done.

So with my husband losing a tooth and Sam gaining one... there's a lot of whining going on in these here parts.

3.
Sam and Joe are growing so much. I realized today that I don't talk much about what the boys are up to on this blog. Joe knows how to spell his name and knows different species of dinosaurs. Sam can pull himself up and we've started cloth diapering him.

There are so many things I want to write about, but I've started rethinking blogging in general. Do I really want to keep up with it? Of course I do... but I just don't have a lot of time or energy. And it seems lately that the posts I put a lot of time into don't get much of a conversation going. It's something I think about often.

Soooo... look for a future post about all the cute things my boys have done lately and how much I love/hate blogging!

4.
Life for Ryan and me is kind of chaotic now. I'm still trucking along in my chemistry class and Ryan is sorting and organizing all our stuff we have yet to unpack so we can start painting. I signed up for my summer class and am still trying to figure out my fall classes. Being an adult is so much fun...

5.
Ryan and I are just two episodes away from being completely caught up with Dr. Who. I'm actually kind of sad because that means we'll have to WAIT for new episodes and no more nights of 2 or 3 episodes back to back. On the plus side I can FINALLY Google ALL THE DR. WHO!!! I have refrained for quite some time in fear of spoilers. But I love it that I can understand pictures like this and think they are hilarious.

 

6.
We were planning on entering Joe into a Kid's Run held tomorrow during Kansas City's Trolley Run... but we didn't enter in time and it is supposed to rain tomorrow morning. But can you imagine a bunch of toddlers running amok? I would die of cuteness overload! We will definitely look in to it next year!

7.
Make sure you visit iuseNFP and 1flesh's new tumblr page. So funny... and so true!

Go to Jen's for more Quick Takes and have a happy weekend!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better not stop with the blog. Maybe lower scale (you notice that's where I'm at these days)....but not completely gone.

And yes, I hate it when something I write that took a lot out of me to write doesn't generate much in the way of comments or views. I understand....

Hang in there!!!

Joy said...

Always interested in what your boys are doing and really anything you have to say (write).

Wishing you and your guys a good and pain free weekend.

Jenny said...

I always enjoy your blog. I hope you continue to write.

You were smart to give your son a name like Joe. Three letters. Poor Therese, she might be in 3rd grade before she can spell her name!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails