Friday, November 16, 2012

7 Quick Takes Vol. 25(ish)



I had a blog post planned in my head for every day this week. Then I got le tired.

1
This week I vacuumed out the couch cushions because Joe discovered food under there and thinks it's an all-you-can-eat buffet. Grooooooss.

2. 
Ryan overheard our noisy, disrespectuful, ass-hat upstairs neighbor telling someone that he and his fiance had found a house.

This may or may not have been my reaction:




If this isn't true, or they aren't moving out soon, then I'll be like this: 



Speaking of my neighbors, the girl is home on her lunch break right now and blaring her music. This is my one hour of peace while Joe and Sam are napping. I have my fall candle lit, my Christmas carols playing, and I'm trying to relax, dammit! Excuse my while I get my broom and go all Mr. Heckles.

3. 
Can you tell I just discovered how to use gifs on my blog? I think they are hilarious! I spend WAY too much time trying to find the perfect ones to fit my mood. Methinks that's why it takes me so long to get my blog posts written.

4. 
I am officially enrolled in my first two pre-requisite classes for the nursing program. Just to be clear, I'm not actually in the nursing program yet. I apply for that next August.

I am getting kind of discouraged about this whole school thing. I met with a financial aide lady and when I told her that I was planning on taking Anatomy and Physiology this summer she said that was a bad idea since it's a really hard class and even harder in the summers since it's accelerated. Then she told me that a lot of nursing student graduates were coming back saying how hard it was to find jobs.

Plus, there's this whole paying for school thing. I'm hoping I'm not making a mistake.

5. 
I got out my journal from when I quit the first college I attended. Oh. my. Lord. I was really really stupid. And delirious. I've determined that ages 18-26 are the most confusing. Becoming an adult sucks. I'm still kind of in disbelief that in less than two years I'll be 30. That used to be OLD!

6.
I LOVE this time of year. And even though I'm a Christmas nut, I love Thanksgiving, too! Family, food, cold, cozy weather. I feel like a little kid again. It's even more fun now that Joe is getting into it.





7. 
Some days it is so hard to care for two kids. Both are very demanding. But then there are moments like these that make me SO very happy to give Joe the gift of a sibling.










Have a good weekend, everybody! Visit Jen for some more wonderful takes!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Great pictures!!
Regarding school, just take it one step at a time ~ that said I do not regret at all my decision to go into nursing.

Colleen said...

Your boys are so happy! And thirty is not old anymore:-)

Leanne said...

Please don't let 30 be old. Please don't let 30 be old. Says the gal who turned 30 in July! :)

It is a touch decision to go back to school, but I really think it will be worthwhile in the end. I'm surprised to hear there are nurses who can't find jobs, though. Hmm. I think the medical field is ideal. What do I know, though?

I l-o-v-e this time of year, too.

Parenting two littles IS so hard, but the older they both get, the more moments you'll have like the one you shared. My two are 4 and 19 months and they play together a LOT more than ever. It's so sweet!

Have a nice weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails