Thursday, August 11, 2011

Weight Loss Update: Week 11- The I'm Officially Not Overweight Edition!

It's been a while since I've updated y'all on my weight loss journey.

Last week I only lost 0.2 of a lb. I was glad I didn't gain but I was still frustrated. WW has what they call "Flex Points." Each day you are allotted so many points, and each food has a point value. Well there are 49 Flex Points built into the plan to use throughout the week in case you ever go over your daily allotted points. I rarely ever use these extra points. However, the week before last I used 41 of them and ended up losing 4.4 lbs! Last week I might have used 1 Flex Point and I lost a measly 0.2 of a pound! What in the world was going on?

I figured that one reason my weight loss was kind of all over the place was because I wasn't exercising. I enjoy exercising, I just hate getting up to do it. Basically I have no motivation. I always say I'll get my walk in tomorrow or I'll start my Pilates DVD after the weekend but it never happens. Lately it's been hotter than H-E-Double Hockey Sticks outside so my favorite activity, walking, has been a no-go. Plus, I'm lazy and would rather just hang out at home. Finding the right time to get it done is also hard.

Last Thursday I went back to my hometown. I was tired from driving 2 hours but I was wanting to go walk the high school track. I had my "I'll do it tomorrow" attitude, but I thought to myself, "Self, if you want to get serious about this weight loss, you gotta get off your bum." So I did.

I walked the few blocks to my old high school track. It was so wonderful to be out walking in a small rural town. It was so peaceful. I breathed in the smell of fresh cut lawns and the lazy summer evening. When I was walking the track I thought back to happy memories from high school of football games on chilly autumn nights and the social bonanza that was known as track season. I could feel the memories float through my fingertips.

I actually JOGGED! Not an impressive amount of distance, but just the fact that I ran and didn't feel like I was going to die felt WONDERFUL!

When I got home I felt awesome. I've been going through some stressful things and I've been in a crabby-appleton mood for quite some time. But after I was done with my walk/run I felt like I could take on anything with a positive attitude. It felt great!

I went to the track every night I was home. When I got back to Kansas City I took a night off because I was starting to get shin splints. On Tuesday night I went for a walk. It wasn't as blissful as walking in my hometown, but it was exercise. On Wednesday I went for a walk with Joe since the temperatures had finally lowered to non-Hell like quality.

I weighed in last night. I was apprehensive. I knew I had exercised and tracked all my food intake. But sometimes that won't show on the scale right away. I stepped on the scale and the leader said, "Awesome job!" I had lost 2.2 lbs!

It may not seem like a big amount, but I was happy. And one reason I was especially happy was that I was now officially NOT overweight. For my height of 5'0'', the weight of 128 lbs is considered overweight. I was now 127 lbs. I'm still teetering on the edge, but I'm going in the right direction. I'm about 10 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.

I'm hoping I can keep up with the exercise. I'm only 7 lbs away from my goal weight which feels pretty fantastic. I'm in the home stretch! Of course now I'm going to be really impatient to get there. I just have to remember that slow and steady wins the race!

First Weight Watchers Meeting: 146.6
2nd Week of WW: 141.2 (5.4 lbs lost)
3rd Week of WW: 139.6 (1.6 lbs lost)
4th Week of WW: 138.6 (1.0 lb lost)
5th Week of WW: 135.8 (2.8 lbs lost)
6th Week of WW: 135.4 (0.4 lbs lost)
7th Week of WW: 134.4 (1.0 lb lost)
8th Week of WW: 134.6 (0.2 lb gained)
9th Week of WW: 130.2 (4.4 lbs lost)
10th Week of WW: 130.0 (0.2 lb lost)
11th Week of WW: 127.8 (2.2 lbs lost)

Total Pounds Lost: 18.8 lbs

Goal Weight: 120 lbs




10 comments:

Catholic Mutt said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Maggie!~ Wow...almost to 20 pounds...that's terrific!!!

Joy said...

Congratulations! You are doing great!

Natalie said...

Congrats! Way to keep it up!

Its been hotter than anything here too so I don't blame you for having a hard time finding motivation!

Lacey R said...

Great job! And good for you for keeping up the exercise in the hot weather too!

Jenny said...

You rock my socks off!!

Love you!

Patty said...

Yeah!!! Awesome!!! Way to go!!!

Now, you'll become such a hot mama that you'll end up expecting again (wink)

Rebecca said...

Way to go Maggie!!!! You've inspired me that it really is worth going upstairs and getting my shoes to go for a run! Thanks :).

Rae said...

Good for you!

Emily said...

That's wonderful! I'm impressed with your perserverance. It's paying off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails