Thursday, September 30, 2010

Welcome to the family, Joe!

Our baby Joe was baptized this past Sunday! He slept through the whole thing- even when Fr. Reginald poured the water over his head! We are so blessed to have Ryan's sister and my brother as godparents for Joe. It was such an amazing feeling to see my sleeping babe in my arms receiving his very first sacrament. As the water dribbled over his head I felt a sense of peace knowing my child was now officially a child of God and a part of the Catholic family!


Joe says, "Yay for the Holy Spirit!"

We held the baptism at my hometown church. Crazy to think that 26 years ago I was baptized in the same spot!




Still snoozin'!


After the baptism we all went to my mom's to watch the Chiefs game. They won- BIG TIME!


Joe's journey in his Catholic faith has begun! Praise God!






6 comments:

Catholic Mutt said...

Great pictures!

That Married Couple said...

Congratulations! I love all the pictures!

Lacey R said...

Congratulations!

Patty said...

Congratulations on this wonderful day! I loved the pic of him 'shouting for joy' over the holy spirit!

P.S. One of my favorite things is the smell of a newly baptized baby...the chrism oil. I love it knowing what that means.

P.S.S. You look great, BTW!

Natalie said...

Congrats!!!

Colleen said...

Welcome Baby Joe!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails