Friday, November 9, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday!


Thank goodness for 7 Quick Takes Friday because I have all sorts of randomness to write about!

1.
I mentioned a while back that I'm doing Weight Watchers on my own. So far I've lost 6 lbs. I remember the first time I did WW I lost 5 lbs in the first week, so at first I was disappointed. However, I know it is important to lose weight slowly, especially since I'm breastfeeding. I'm just a very impatient person!

2.
I was accepted into Metropolitan Community College to start on my path to nursing school! I'm very excited and scared all at the same time. I'll just be taking a couple of classes before I apply to the nursing program, so hopefully I can handle that!

3.
Ryan had surgery a week ago to remove some polyps from his nasal/sinus cavity. I wasn't really worried or scared until the nurse came to update me saying that he was under and the surgery had begun. It was a scary feeling knowing that my husband's life was in someone else's hands. Everything went great and his recovery has been pretty smooth. This is his third surgery to remove the polyps, so hopefully they won't grow back!

4.
So that election, huh? I, along with everyone in America, am happy it is over. Here is how I observed election night:
 My liberal friends


My conservative friends

My conservative friends and liberal friends interacting on Facebook


My reactions

5.
I just now realized that I never shared pictures of my boys on Halloween! Joe was a cowboy and Sam was a horse!




6. 
Even though my boys' costumes weren't home made, I'd really like to start that tradition. I saw the same Wal-Mart/Target Batman costume over and over on Facebook. Of course all these kiddos were adorable, but there's something really special about a putting together your own costume. 
Ryan and his little brother as Batman and Robin

I don't think you could find many Wednesday Addams costumes at Wal-Mart

My mom was awesome at making costumes. We didn't have a lot of money or quick access to a Wal-Mart so mom used old clothes from thrift stores and what we had laying around the house. I always won the Halloween costume contests. And, yes, that is a beheaded doll.

Will I make my kids their own costumes? I would really really like to, but only time will tell!

7. 
Friday Funny:

Photo bombing an X-ray. Disturbing and hilarious all at the same time!

BONUS TAKE!
As I was typing these, Joe pee peed in the potty! It's funny the things you get excited about when you become a parent!

Go visit Jen for more awesome Quick Takes! 



10 comments:

Joy said...

Loving the random, and all the great pictures!
Congrats to Joe, Liam as yet is showing absolutely no readiness signs.

Emily said...

I'm doing WW too! We can totally be accountability partners :)
But my weight loss was super slow (and still is), so there's nothing to worry about. And yay for Joe going potty!

Prof. Hannah said...

Good luck on the weight loss. I am struggling with weight loss while breastfeeding a toddler.

Paige said...

Okay, first of all, how totally BADASS are you that you were Wednesday Addams for Halloween? That is freaking awesome.

Second, I'm totally drooling over that RDJ meme.. LOL

Leanne {Life Happens When} said...

Oh my goodness gracious! Those faces are absolutely hilarious and SO spot on!!

Congrats on losing 6 pounds! That's impressive!! Rock on, momma!

Prayers for your husband's continued recovery and that this surgery finally fixed it.

Peeing on the potty! Oh such a HUGE step!! Hooray!

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

So happy things are going well for you!

Catholic Mutt said...

Way to go on the weight loss and Joe peeing on the potty! Okay, a little weird to type, but still exciting.

Patty said...

LOL! Great post, Maggie!

Katie said...

Your videos are hilarious!

Congrats on getting into nursing school! I always wanted to try nursing, but I'm pretty sure I'd kill someone accidentally if I ever became a nurse. Meaning, you have a tremendous calling!

I know you already have a B.A. There are some schools that offer a 1 year intensive nursing program for people who already have degrees. You've probably already researched that option, but I think it sounds pretty cool to only have to attend one more year of school to become a nurse.

What adorable Halloween costumes Joe and Sam have. Cute!

Catholic Cookie Jar said...

Ahhh their costumes are sO Cute! Congratulations on nursing school!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails