Thursday, January 9, 2014

School is starting soon!

My classes will be starting up soon. I have my microbiology book and medical terminology book staring me in the face right now. I also have a 3 year old banging on his door saying he doesn't want to take a nap and a 17 month old grabbing all the DVDs off the shelf and throwing them across the room.

Writing to you saying I'm nervous about this semester is an understatement.

Still, I have flutterings of excitement about these classes. The last few weeks I've really been losing my motivation to pursue nursing school. Since getting the rejection letter last fall and knowing just how competitive these nursing programs can be really put my confidence level in the crap shoot. However, yesterday I went to job shadow at a hospital near my hometown and my excitement about the possibility of entering the healthcare field was re-energized. I am applying to two programs in the next few months... I'm so praying that I get accepted!

I'm nervous about my microbiology class because I know it is a challenging class. And I'm dreading the time I'll be spending away from my little family. And of course I have to add the "I won't be blogging as much or reading your posts" announcement even though it seems that's all my posts have been about lately- complaining about not having the energy to write or the time to read others' blogs. But I absolutely love learning... especially about the human body and how it all works.



We'll see if I find some more energy to write 7 Quick Takes tomorrow!


2 comments:

Patty said...

Maggie! You are such an inspiration to me and so many others. You have two, active little boys and are busy enough raising them and balance schooling at the same time. You can do it! You will do it! Keep your faith strong, a rosary (or chaplet) in your pocket at all times and go for it!

Patty said...

Maggie! You are such an inspiration to me and so many others. You have two, active little boys and are busy enough raising them and balance schooling at the same time. You can do it! You will do it! Keep your faith strong, a rosary (or chaplet) in your pocket at all times and go for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails