Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Here I Go Again...

I find it odd that I wish for my pregnant body back.

Postpartum has not been kind to me this time around. Maybe it's because I'm taking care of two little minions now instead of just one, but I swear my body is just totally freaking out. I feel so utterly gross and flabby and have no energy.

The baby weight isn't really coming off as much as I thought it would. I suppose there is an upside of having pre-eclampsia- you lose like 40 lbs in 5 days. That coupled with nursing got me back to pre-pregnancy weight in about 2 weeks (granted I was overweight before I got pregnant.) I guess I have that mentality of the weight is supposed to zap off.

Before I got pregnant this time around I had reached my goal weight by using Weight Watchers. It was about a year ago that I reached that mark and I felt so great. It was awesome to shop for clothes and feel good about the image I saw in the mirror. More importantly, I just plain felt better physically.

So yesterday I started back up with Weight Watchers. I'm too poor to actually go to meetings right now. I'm hoping to lose some following the plan on my own and go back to the meetings when I have 10-15 lbs to get to goal. Going to meetings helped me tremendously, but for now I'm just going to wing it. My mom is also on WW and I plan on calling her at the same time each week to weigh in.

I fear following WW will be hard this time. I barely have time to eat because I'm taking care of the boys first, and when I do find time to eat I gobble up everything in sight because I am so hungry and it's usually crap food. It was hard enough today trying to calculate my points, but I know that will get easier as time goes on.

So, here I go. Off with the flab and on to the fab! :-D

3 comments:

Emily said...

I did online til I got to 15 lbs.. now I'm doing to meetings. I've been in such a slump lately and havent' been losing for some reason, but I'm hoping that going to meetings will help! Good luck!

Joy said...

If you are feeling ready, I say go for it ~ but remember to give your body the full 9 months to get back to pre-pregnancy shape and allow for nursing in your calorie allotment. Go Girl!!

happymomonline said...

Try to be patient with yourself. My 7th is almost 8 months old and I still have 10 pounds to lose. I am still struggling with finding time to exercise and actually eat something nutritious rather than just what is left on the kids' plates. You've been through this before and know that it can be done. Best of luck to you and look forward to your progress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails