Friday, January 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes Vol. 28


Jen is feeling well enough to host her 7 Quick Takes this week! Prayers for her continued recovery!

1.
This week's 7 Quick Takes will be suuuuper boring. Seriously. I sat down today to catch up on my journal and I realized I had nothing interesting to write about regarding this past week. Apologies if these are boring!

2.
I have been especially frazzled lately and I thought it was time to take part in the time-honored tradition of enjoying a glass of wine at the end of the day. I asked my sisters of #Cathsorority for suggestions.

They did not disappoint.

I love these ladies!

So tonight I plan on enjoying a little wine and a little Dr. Who.

2.
Speaking of Dr. Who, both my husband and I have been watching the series. He won't let me watch it without him, which is probably good because then I'd spend all day long watching it and then yelling at my kids, "DELETE! DELETE!" and sending them to time out. Yes, even the 5 month old.

Anywho, last night Ryan had the audacity to suggest we start another TV series on Netflix. I shut that idea down faster than you can say TARDIS. He then said to me, "It's always Dr. Who this and Dr. Who that... what about what I want to watch?"

First world marriage problems.

3.
You want to know how frazzled I've been lately? In the afternoons, when Joe is supposed to be napping but instead is laying in front of his bedroom door yelling "Mommy, mommy, mommy, oooooh moooooommy." (Just like the empty child of Dr. Who) I like to chill out and catch up on my beloved internet while listening to The Civil Wars Radio on Pandora. I'm zoning Joe out, hypnotized by sleeping Sam's baby swing and totally zen when all of a sudden the music stops.

I click back on the page and there's that stupid rectangular box that says, in what I imagine as a very snotty voice, "Are you still listening?"

I proceed to click in HARD and yell "YES, I AM STILL LISTENING PAN-DOR-A!!!"

I have issues.

Thinking of having Joe dress up like this for Halloween.


4.
Cute Joe story:

Joe has been in love with Toy Story since he was about one year old. This Christmas we got him the real deal Buzz and Woody. Like Buzz's wings shoot out and Woody has a pull string real deal. Now Joe takes his Buzz and flies him through the air and yells, "Donadinidy an eyoooon!" which is "To infinity and beyond." It's so freaking adorable. I call my mom and chase Joe around the living room with my cell forcing her to listen to the cuteness.

Ryan and I also like to put Joe and Woody in funny positions when we clean up after Joe goes to bed. Buzz's signature dance move is the sprinkler.

Oh great... Woody's drunk again...

5.
Our super duper awesome parish sent out a mass email on our behalf asking if anyone knew of any houses or duplexes we could rent. We SO need to get out of this apartment. Fo realz. I cannot even tell you....

We have been blessed with a number of people offering to help! We might have found a small house that is just like a mile and a half from our parish. I am hoping and praying it works out!

6.
Do college students still take notes in notebooks or does everyone take their computer? My first chemistry class is on Monday and I'm afraid I'll walk in there with my handy dandy notebook and everyone will look at me like I'm 90 years old.

7.
This is hilarious. You must watch!



Have a great weekend! Check out Jen's page for more awesome Quick Takes!

6 comments:

Jenna@CallHerHappy said...

So, I have finally been putting faces/names to blogs, and your wine comment totally helped ;) I wish I could unwind with a glass at night, and I fully intend to come May!

Also, can you school me on Dr. Who. Everyone talks about this show. Are people watching reruns? Is it still on? What is the deal with this show??

Joe @ Defend Us In Battle said...

Dr. Who.... hmmmm :) Netflix

Colleen said...

What an awesome priest! I hope you get the house!!

Catholic Mutt said...

That video is hilarious! I especially liked the kid that kept opening and shutting the window like he expected something to change!

Women for All Seasons said...

Hahaha, that video was so funny!

-January

Natalie said...

Love Toy Story in our house too! We've got outfits for our boys' build-a-bears that are Buzz & Woody.

Good luck finding a house/duplex! I'm sure winter time is not making apartment life with two boys any easier! Hope it works out!

Yes, take notes in a notebook.. esp. for chemistry. It would be way too hard IMO to take chem notes on a computer! I even used to have a sweet program to draw structures & such but it would still take too long for me.. But I am a note-taking fiend, writing things out is how I retain stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails