Friday, January 18, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Future Posts Edition


Another fairly mundane week. I already posted about the utter freak out experience of my first class. My second night of class went 100000 times better than the first night. Aaaaaand that's about the excitement for the week.

For these Quick Takes I decided to write some of the blog ideas that have been trapped inside my brain for a long time- some of them even since I first started this blog almost 4 years ago. Look for these major posts in between my usual posts of baby poop and toddler antics.

So buckle your seat belt and brace yourself for the most exciting Quick Takes EVAH!

1. Real Food

I am actually in the process of writing this one. I have a lot of questions regarding real food and some annoyances I need to get out. I've hesitated on writing this because I don't want to cause a big kerfuffle, but I need to put my big girl panties on and get a little courage!

2. Family Togetherness

This is a blog post that I have wanted to write for a couple of years now. I've emailed family members and friends of close families for their experiences on how their family stayed so close. I just need to stop being so lazy and write the darn thing.

3. Hell

I'm sick of society treating Hell as a joke. "At least I'll be with friends..." NO! NO YOU WILL NOT! Just... NO!

4. Growing Up Semi-Poor and Turning Out Relatively Normal

Eh, pretty self-explanatory.

5. Growing Up In a Small Town

Basically memories of my tiny little Midwestern town.




Main Street of my hometown. This was taken by my insanely talented cousin Megan.

6. Trying to Find Community

Settling down for the long run and finding an awesome community to raise my kids is something I think about often. Oh, and my desire to own chickens and goats.

7. Working Mom Guilt

I haven't even gotten into the nursing program let alone get a job, but I'm already having minor panic attacks at the thought of someone else taking care of my children.

WOOOooooo!!! Wasn't that exciting?! I know, you are just beyond worn out from reading all that.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and please go to Jen's for much, much, MUCH more exciting Takes than I have!

7 comments:

Jenna@CallHerHappy said...

I'm actually excited to read more about #7. I think we all suffer from that in one way or another.

Jenny said...

ohhh! Chickens and goats! I want them too. And food that I am not scared to eat. Looking forward to seeing all these posts.

Anonymous said...

You know me...I've got all that WOTHM guilt down. :)

Also, the close family biz...sometimes I think it happens without anyone having that intention. But I'll be very interested to see what you have on that!

I hate that society treats Hell as a joke, too. It just belies the fact that no one understands that it's real anymore.

oh...and I grew up totally poor...and I am completely abnormal. just sayin' :P


Can't wait to see you later!!

Stacy said...

We are on the real food journey and I would love to answer questions/brainstorm/or talk in general about if you want!

Alzbeta said...

So many great posts coming up!

We are in the early stages of our real food journey (as in... a couple of years in, but taking it uber, uber slow because it can be so frustrating and at times hard to figure out how not to break the bank while eating food that nourishes us... ). I wouldn't worry about a big kerfluffle... most likely anyone who's encountered the real food movement have had both awesome experiences and some super frustrating ones. (And of course, pretty much anything on the internet can cause a big kerfluffle... but usually that just means people are a little oversensitive and hiding behind the anonymity of the world wide web.) Anyway, if you want any insight from a family who's there right now, let me know ;-).

On the working mom guilt, I can tell you my mama was a nurse (I'd like to think the best one I know ;-)), and I always thought it was an integral part of what an amazing mom and grandma she is. I love that she has that amazing specialty in her life. I also struggle with my own brand of guilt; because, even though much of my work is done from home (and Daniel is there to watch Anni on the weekends when I'm out of the house), I worry that all Anni will remember of me is me editing away at the computer. It's been a definite learning curve... something I'm still figuring out how to balance in a way that keeps us happy as a family :).

You are great!

Hilary said...

I just love reading your posts! They are so real and dare I say... from the heart! I can't wait to read all the new ones you are planning! And just FYI I think in one way or another we all get a little anxiety about being working mothers. I will tell you that as a nurse I feel like it was be just a little easier because if you only work 3 12-hr shifts a week you can make that work to your advantage! Of course I don't have children yet but that is what I have seen from the mothers I work with!

Katie@NFP and Me said...

I am so excited to read the hell one. Please cuss in it.

Missed you at the conference but glad I was able to live text it to you! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails