Monday, April 16, 2012

The Scream

This isn't my typical post of asking for toddler advice. (Although, I do want to thank everyone for their input!) This isn't really even a post to vent.

I just gotta write about how amazingly loud my son's screams are becoming.

I know the scream is a staple of toddler behavior. However, I think my Joe's screams are otherworldly.

The banshees of lore have nothin' on the kid.



Twihards and Bieberites? Pshh... they are like monks practicing monastic silence on top of a mountain compared to my Joe.


Joe can out scream a velociraptor.


***You can find a very authentic velociraptor noise here for comparison.

I feel sorry for our neighbors. Yikes... Yesterday was the first time we went to the parish we plan on regularly attending. My brother went with us and I'm pretty sure he has magical wizardry powers, because the last two times we've gone to Mass with him Joe has been relatively quiet. Buuuut around the time for communion the scream came out. Talk about making a good first impression on your fellow parishioners!

I hope it doesn't sound like I complain too much about Joe. I am just at a loss sometimes when it come to dealing with him.

I find it so fascinating to see his personality come through. He is definitely fearless. He walks right up to strangers and big huge dogs. He climbs everything. I do mean EVERYTHING! We're thinking we need to invest in one of these bad boys.



It is nerve-wracking, but I just keep things as safe as possible and remain thankful that he is a strong, mobile little boy.

It is hilarious to see him try to "jump" on his bed. He hasn't figured out how to jump, but he still has a grand, laughing time... until I say stop.

He has emerged to be quite the dancer. There was a family wedding on Saturday and guess who was the center of attention on the dance floor? Yes, Joe was out there shakin' his groove thing and twirling around in circles. He was quite the flirt with a little girl who was also there. However, he ate too much, spun in circles too much and vomited on the dance floor. Suddenly the dreams of him becoming the next pope are being replaced with images of him as a frat boy. We're working on it.

I'm wondering if in a few months he'll turn out to be like this little guy-



Sometimes when he's tucked in between his daddy and me, I just stare at him. He is becoming tall and lean. His hair is really coming in. I think of how he walks and runs and how stable on his feet he has become. I look at how long his fingers are becoming and how big his feet are. I still see that chubby baby fat on his wrists and thighs and it makes me happy that he isn't all the way grown up yet!

Joe is growing up and with that comes new adventures and new beginnings. It will be interesting to "do it again" with his little brother.

3 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Imperfect Kate said...

Lol, man, parenthood must be a trip.

Katie@NFP and Me said...

1) I never thought he was that loud in Mass. :)
2) Love the Ross video! As soon as a I saw the picture I was hoping you would link to it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails