Friday, May 28, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 13

Join Jen and many others for more 7 Quick Takes!

1. I wrote a Memorial Day-type post about my ponderings of life and death. But Memorial Day was created first and foremost to honor our soldiers. My mom sent me this video of soldiers coming home and surprising their loved ones. I bawled.




2. I never really updated y'all on Ryan's interview. He said he felt "OK" about it, he was just really nervous so he thought he could have done better. I'm sure he did an awesome job. You can't help but like my husband. He can make a friend in the grocery store check-out line! Maybe I'm a little biased since I'm his wife, but I think he's a wonderful person! He finds out sometime next week if he got the job or not, so please keep those prayers going!

3. The day after my E.R. visit, I had my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment. He's still slightly concerned that my heart rate is high so he said to rest a lot and drink lots of liquids. I thought I was having a baby, not fighting off a cold! :-D Thankfully my blood pressure is normal. I've been paranoid about pre-ecclampsia but so far, so good!

4. So the Super Bowl is going to be in New York. No covered stadium. The Chiefs have been trying to get the Super Bowl for years and of course New York gets it first. Boo. Maybe this will open the doors for KC to get it in the future!

5. I have a lot of family coming this weekend and I'm really excited! What are you all doing for Memorial Day weekend?

6. My neighbors haven't been annoying me lately! Well... they did start hammering something during the series finale of LOST and both my husband and I about went crazy. Thankfully they stopped!

7. Sorry, folks- I don't have much more to write about! I have a busy day today! Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

That Married Couple said...

Oh, I do hope he gets the job! And great to hear that your neighbors are lightening up!

Katie said...

#3-Just tell your husband, "I'm gonna need a lounge chair and a fruit smoothie with an umbrella, STAT!" Doc's orders, you know.

Rae said...

glad to hear that things are still going well with the bay, even if it does make you feel like you have a cold. ;-)

Rebecca said...

Prayers that Ryan gets good news this week!

I totally missed that you had to go to the ER, I hope you are taking the Dr.'s advice (and Katie's from above too) and that you and baby are doing well.

TRS said...

Beautiful video!

Thank you for spelling 'bawled' correctly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails