Friday, May 21, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 12

1.

Sunday. The End. LOST goes bye-bye. Sigh.....

I am really looking forward to seeing how all the mysteries of this show are solved. I have a feeling they won't be able to answer everything. I sure hope they resolve the big stuff.

I will be really sad when it is all over. It is something I've looked forward to each week. I think I will be lost without LOST!

2.

I really need to start registering for baby gifts. I am officially 6 months preggo, and I really am clueless when people have baby showers. I'm also clueless as to what to register for. I don't know what I really "need" and what I think I need. What products do you spring for the nice name brand and what products can you get by going the cheaper route? I've been looking online for tips, but of course the major results I get are from Babies R Us or Target where they suggest registering for everything in the store. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

3.

I bought one of those prenatal heart monitors. I had read horrible reviews on them, and they say they don't really start working until the 3rd trimester, but I couldn't resist. I can very slightly hear the heartbeat, but mostly hear the thump, thump from the kicks.

I've been able to feel our baby boy kick from the outside for quite awhile. Every time I try and coordinate it for Ryan to feel it, Baby C stops. I started to get a little worried and I kept imagining my son as a little emo child- black hair over his eyes, black nails, saying in some punk teenage voice, "Dad, you are so lame."

But when I put on the monitor, Ryan could hear the kicks. I must have eaten something just right, because Baby Boy was kicking up a storm. So hard that the monitor was moving. I took it off and told Ryan to stare at my stomach. Ryan poked at my tummy and all of a sudden my tummy "poked' back. Ryan was like, "Whoaaaaa...." Then I had him put his hand where the baby had moved and he FINALLY felt his son kick! The look on his face was of pure shock and pure love.

Of course I started crying.

4.

I've been watching A Baby Story on TLC a lot lately. In fact, I'm watching it right now. Maybe that's why it takes so long for me to write a blog post! I need to stop watching them because I cannot wait to meet my son. I want to know what he looks like. Will he have his daddy's nose? Will he eventually have my green eyes, or will he have Ryan's mesmerizing blue eyes?

5.

Sorry my Quick Takes are almost all about baby. I have a boring life and the only excitement comes from the human growing inside me!

6.

The first thing Ryan bought for his son was a pacifier that says "Mute Button." Future Mommy didn't find it funny (OK, maybe she cracked a smile.)

7.

Hopefully y'all haven't fallen asleep reading these. I doubt I write any Quick Takes next week because I will be busy with Memorial Day weekend shindigs. Have a happy weekend everyone!

Go check out Jen's page for more Quick Takes!

8 comments:

Joy said...

#2: You want a good carseat, and personally got a lot of use out of the travel system concept (carseat snaps into the stroller). See if you can short-term borrow a swing; some babies love them, others not so much and you won't know which flavor you have until after the birth.

#3: Same here, I feel tons of kicks but when I try and have my husband feel, the babe goes quiet.

#5: Obviously I'm biased but I think growing a human is very interesting!

Melissa said...

Our first took a pacifier and we called it "the plug". :)
Easy on the "Baby Story" show, those things always freak me out, the births looked miserable!
And on Registration, keep it simple! You will need lots of onesies, sleepers, diapers, blankies. You may want to get a gentle Detergent to wash the newborn clothes in (like Dreft), A baby carseat is nice to get new. The rest (stroller, sling, bouncy seat) you can get online at sites like Kijji or your local classified. Don't pressure yourself to buy stuff you may not need, babies don't use half the stuff they try to sell you. :)

That Married Couple said...

I love reading your baby-related posts, but maybe I'm also biased :)

And I teared up reading #3.

And I have to say, A Baby Story usually terrifies me. I try my hardest not to watch that stuff, because I inevitably bawl at the end - and that was before I was pregnant!

linda said...

i cracked a smile too lol
funny hubby

Rae said...

I love reading your baby-related posts and I am not biased. So keep it up!

Catholic Mutt said...

1. I can't wait to see what's going to happen on LOST, but I wonder if it's going to be satisfying?? And, really, what is there to watch when LOST is over?

3. Seriously! I almost teared up, and I am so not a crier!

5. How could that possibly be boring?

6. Love it! And it's amazing true sometimes...

Unknown said...

I would definitely recommend an ergo. I still use it with Susi, who is 19 months. When the baby is little, the ergo is comforting to the baby. When the baby starts walking around, the ergo is a great way to keep the baby contained and happy. Plus it is also nice for going hiking, going to the store, etc. Not sure what I am going to do with two little babies at the same time, maybe I will invest in a playpen this time around...

TRS said...

regarding baby stuff... I don't have kids but I have a suggestion.

Go to Apartment Therapy.com and then visit their Ohdeedo link. All kid/baby stuff all the time. They have even had threads on what does baby really need. you should be able to find it in the archives.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails