Friday, March 12, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 10



1.

I've had my first pregnancy craving! Last night around 9:30 I was hungry for something, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. I was hungry for meat, something sweet, and a little hint of salt. Corn dogs popped up in my head. Ryan got off work at 10:00 and he called me on his way home asking if there was anything I wanted at the local convenience store.

"Well..... check if they have corn dogs."

"Maggie, I don't think they have those there. I'll just go to Wal-Mart."

"But that's 20 miles away! I don't want you to drive all that way out there for silly corn dogs!"

"I'll go. Tater Tot wants corn dogs, and so I'll get them. I love you guys." (My heart gushes...)

"Thank you. I love you too. Maybe you could pick up some pepperoni and pickles too? Please?" (I'm saying this while I wipe tears away.")

He goes off into the night to get my craving foods. I see a commercial for Pizza Rolls and think... wow.. those look good too! But I didn't call Ryan because I didn't want to look like a glutton! About 25 minutes later he calls:

"Pizza rolls are on sale. You want some?"

I knew he was my soul mate!

2.

I think I spoke a little too soon in regards to the warm, beautiful spring weather. It's cloudy and in the 40's. It hasn't been too bad, but I'd rather have the sun and 60's!

3.

My family reunion this summer has a Halloween theme. Yes, that means dressing up in costume. I will be 7 months pregnant. I think I'll wear a sundress and go as "barefoot and pregnant." What do you all think?

4.

We haven't heard back from the job that Ryan applied for. Please keep those prayers a'coming!

5.

This would have been Baby Gus' birth month. His due date would have been on Monday. This all has been bittersweet. I'll be writing a post about that later.

6.

Gosh... I'm running out of things to write. I'll leave you with some funny maternity shirts I found on Cafe Press. I would post the picture of the shirts, but when I do that they go straight to the top of the post and I haven't figured out how to bring them down to the section I am writing! Links will have to do for now!

I thought this one was cute.

I also like this one!

Maybe I should change the word to "corn dogs."

My Mom suggested this one for Ryan. I have no idea what she means!

Yes, I'm a Star Wars nerd.

Have a great weekend everybody!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Isn't is "7 Quick Takes?" That was only six!

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Yes, dear brother, I only wrote 6. However I said that I was running out of things to write and was LEAVING the post with the t-shirts. Sheesh.. you need to read every single word I write!!! :-)

Rae said...

Yay for great husbands! :-)

Rebecca said...

What an awesome hubs you have!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails